Sunday, February 15, 2009

ENT Time

Thursday evening, Parker and I had our annual ENT appointments. I have had really bad ears my entire life, and I unfortunately passed a bit of it on to Parker. He had to have tubes put in a couple of years ago, but now his ears are perfect!!

Every year when we go, we have to do a hearing test, along with our exam. Last year, Parker wasn't very keen on it and didn't do a very good job. This year though, he did AWESOME!! I was SO proud of him. He sat in the booth like a big boy and did everything that was asked of him.

Look at my big boy!! Doesn't he look proud? I love this picture, but it makes me sad too. He looks so grown up!

Parker's results were perfect and he just has to be on a nasal spray for his allergies to help open him up a little more. His ear drums weren't moving as well as they should because of his congestion. I was worried that he wouldn't want me spraying something up his nose, but he took it like a champ!

My results weren't so good! My hearing has gotten even worse. I have lost another decibel in each ear and by next year, if it goes down again, we will be fitting for hearing aids. Can you believe that?!?! I am TOO young for hearing aids! It is genetic nerve damage, so there is nothing they can do to stop the progression. It stinks, but what can I do about it? Nothing! So, I guess we'll just see how it goes next year.

No comments: