Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving day today! I hope you all did too! We celebrated the day with me, Adam, Parker, Peyton, Granna, Grumps, Nona, Aunt May, Paul, and Uncle Chuck.

I have been helping with Thanksgiving dinner for several years, but for the first time ever, I did almost all of the cooking on my own. I wanted to learn how to make it all, so what better way to learn, than to do it yourself? I made it all except the dressing, cherry pie, giblet gravy, mac-n-cheese, ham, and turkey. I was too scared to take on the dressing and mac-n-cheese...they have too many steps! Besides, Mom makes the best dressing in the world, and Aunt May makes the best mac-n-cheese in the world! Why mess up a good thing? I think I may attempt them next year. Better yet, maybe in a FEW years!

Since it ended up being such a nice day, we spent most of the day outside. My parents have a TV in the garage, so we were still able to watch football. GO COWBOYS!!!! We all ate so much we were sick, but it was SO worth it! I was also able to get a lot of pics today...surprise, surprise!! Who? Me? Take pictures? NEVER!!

Peyton giving Granna some kisses
This was her mood most of the day. I don't think she was feeling very well. Let's all pray she's not getting sick!!
Why is this the best we get when we ask men to pose for pictures?
Seriously? Can't even look at the camera?
I can't believe he gave a real smile! Isn't he a cutie?!?!
Mom and son! They look so much alike it's crazy!
Father and daughter! Even my Dad smiled a real smile!
Nona giving Peyton some sugars!
Nona and Bitty
The kids would NOT cooperate for pics with Aunt May!
Apparently it was goofy time!
I was able to get several shots of my handsome man!!
I couldn't decide on my favorite, so I am posting a few!
Look at those beautiful, blue eyes!!
This one was funny to me. Aunt May and I were posing for a pic and Mom walked out right as the picture was taken. Can you see her head over my shoulder?
So, we took another one!
Me and my MIL
Paul and Robbin. He is one of our close family friends. His family is far away, so he spends
holidays with all of us. He's pretty much family anyway! Me and Mom. It was like pulling teeth to get her to take this pic! She HATES having her picture taken! I think it turned out pretty darn cute!
Me and Uncle Chuck

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! I have A LOT to be thankful for!
Love you all, Heather
(Somehow I deleted my name thingy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was such a fun day!! i hope we have many more to come!! granna