Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall Fun

Today we went over to Adam's Dad and Step-mom's house, a.k.a. Grandpa and Nanny. They live in Forney, pretty much in the country, on a couple of acres. The kids love going over there because there is so much to do outside and they can run and play for hours!

Adam and I like going over there too, but for other reasons; they always feed us delicious food! I mean that's not the only reason, but it's definitely a plus! For anyone who knows me, y'all know how much I LOVE to eat!! Today we had homemade vegetable, beef stew with homemade french bread. We also had homemade salsa, pickled okra, and brownies! Yummy!! I know that sounds like a weird combo, but it wasn't all eaten at once.

Anywho, back to the kiddos. They had SO much fun today! If I would let them, they would live outside, so since today was such a gorgeous day, we let them stay out pretty much all day long. They got to play soccer, catch, basketball, shoot water guns, ride on the "tractor" (riding lawn mower), run, run, and run!!

Grandpa also got out the BB gun for Adam. Parker decided he wanted to have a try. I would normally be very apprehensive about this, but I knew he was in good hands! Adam got a coke can to use as a target, and let Parker shoot a few shots. He was so thrilled! He thought he was such a big boy because he got to do something that he knows is only allowed for Daddy's and Grandpa's!

I'm sure there are a few people who are freaked out now after reading this, but I can PROMISE you that I would not allow my baby boy to do something that I knew wasn't safe. He never had full control of the gun and Adam controlled every move he made!!

Anyway, we had a really good time at Grandpa and Nanny's house today! The kids were SO worn out by the time we left that they didn't even last a few minutes before they were asleep in the car. Hopefully that means they might sleep in a little in the morning...even 7:30 would be nice!! Of course I took lots of pics today, so here's a few for you all to see!

Here's Parker taking his first shot at the can.
He really thought he was a big boy!!
Look at him trying to aim!
Parker was trying to cock the gun himself.
Look at Bitty! She is such a Daddy's girl!
Believe it or not, these are Parker's shots! He actually hit the can a few times.
Not really sure what she's doing here, but it sure is cute!
Parker taking a ride on the "tractor!"
I think this might have been the highlight of his day!
Playing basketball with Grandpa.
Trying to make a basket.
He shoots...
He scores!!!
I thought this was a cool pic...the sun was setting.
My Bitty picked me a flower!
She was trying to hang out with the boys, but she was a bit to small, so she's watching from the sidelines!
Grandpa put the soccer ball in Peyton's shirt.
She thought it was hilarious!!
Now he stuck the ball in Peyton's hood.
She was extremely concerned about this one!
Bless her heart; she tried SO hard to get it out herself!!

I hope you all had a great week last week and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
I love you all!!
P.S. There will soon be a post about Parker's latest obsession! It's pretty funny!
STAY TUNED!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Can I just say...Peyton looks is starting to look a lot like your mom!