Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas with the Crabtrees

Saturday evening, the Crabtree family came over so we could exchange gifts for the kiddos. I got a present too, although I wasn't supposed to! Andrea brought me some of her AMAZING homemade toffee...it is so DELICIOUS, that she has her own business selling it!! It's called Annie's Texas Toffee. I requested the toffee, but she also brought me a framed picture of Claire and Carter. It is beautiful!! We weren't supposed to exchange gifts for each other, only for the kids, but since they were such great gifts, I accepted them very willingly and was very thankful!

It's not a norm for our group of friends to exchange gifts at Christmas, because there are so many of us, but things are a bit different with the Crabtree's. Claire is my Goddaughter, and we are pretty much like family, so I'm sure it will continue to be a tradition for our families to exchange gifts!

We had a lot of fun watching the kids open their presents. They love ripping into the packages!! Peyton got play food to go with her kitchen that Santa will be bringing her. Parker got a game for his Leapster that he will be getting on Christmas Eve. He was a bit confused about why he couldn't play his Backyardigans game, but he got over it pretty quickly, because Andrea also bought them both a flute.

I bought Claire two shirts from a friend of mine who hand makes t-shirts and bows for little girls. They were super cute! I bought Carter a blanket and two car seat toys for when he's a bit older. Claire wasn't too excited about getting clothes, but she still had fun getting to play with the food and flutes with her BFF's!

Peyton opening her foodParker was very excited about Backyardigans!
Claire opening one of her presents
Ripping it open!
Peyton took bites out of all of her food!
Parker played his flute all night long!
Carter got to open presents too!
Claire got to help him
He loved his new blankie!
Parker took some pictures too!
I think he's going to be a photographer!


No comments: