Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nothing but a Number

Adam and I always enjoy our one-on-one time with Parker before he goes to bed. Tonight we were all sitting on the couch watching BB and Parker was talking to Adam about going to work and driving his car. He asked Adam, "did you drive your car to your other house?" I guess he doesn't quite grasp the concept of work yet.

A little later, we had the following conversation:

Adam: "Do you know how much Daddy loves you?"
Parker: "Uh huh. Three." (and holds up 3 fingers)
Adam: "OK. Three's good. Do you know how much Mommy loves you?"
Parker: "Uh huh. Two." (and hold up 2 fingers)

What?!?! I am a little shocked by this!

Me: "You think Daddy loves you more than Mommy?"
Parker: "Uh huh." (and nods his head)

I don't know why, but I took him seriously and I was very sad for a moment, until Adam took the conversation a little further....to prove a point to me.

Adam: "You think Mommy loves you more than Daddy?"
Parker: "Uh huh." (and nods his head)
Adam: "You think the tree outside loves you more than Mommy?"
Parker: "Uh huh." (and nods his head)

Whew! I felt instant relief.

Before Parker went to bed, we had one more little conversation:

Me: "I love you so much Peanut! Way more than 2! It's even more than 10!"
Adam: "Parker, how much do you love Mama?"
Parker: "13"

Wow! My boys make me feel so loved. I am so blessed to have them in my life!

No comments: