Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well Check-up & Play Day

Peyton had her 18 month appointment today and all was fine until Dr. Lin walked into the room. She already associates him with needles, which is NOT good. She screamed and cried through the entire check-up and she didn't even have to have shots. For some reason she was lacking 2 weeks before she could get her Hepatitis A shot, so we are going back in October to get the Hepatitis shot, along with her flu shot. Why not just knock them both out at once? Right?

She is still miniature, which we all knew, but I thought for sure she would be over 20 pounds by now. She eats like a piglet, ALL day long, and on most days eats more than Parker. I thought wrong though...she only weighs 19 lbs. 6 oz., which is the -5th percentile and measures 30 3/4", which is the 20th percentile. Of course though, since she has either met or exceeded all of her other milestones for 18 months, and has always been miniature, Dr. Lin is not the least bit concerned. Neither am I though. Both of my babies have always been little. Parker didn't start evening out on his percentiles until his 3 year check-up. Apparently they both take after me, because my mom said I was always very low on my percentiles and weighed less than 19 lbs. at my one year check-up.

After the doctor's visit, we went to Collin Creek Mall to have lunch, play on the playground, and ride the train. My mom was off work today, so she was with us, and we met up with Andrea and Claire (which have a blog now, but I'll talk about that later). The kids had a blast playing on the playground and Peyton actually played today! She climbed steps and even went down the slide. Not that she isn't capable of doing these things, but she doesn't do very well in crowds most of the time. Normally if there are a lot of people, she won't stray further than a couple of feet from me. The playground today was a lot smaller than the one that we normally go to, so that may have had a lot to do with it.

After the playground, we took the kids to the Disney store to play while the train "conductor" was on her 15 minute break. Once the "conductor" was back, Granna bought all the kids their tickets (thanks Granna!), and they got to ride in circles for about a minute and a half. I think it was worth the $6 to Granna to see Claire and Parker have so much fun. Mom rode on the train with Peyton because I thought she was too little to ride it by herself, and other than getting scared when it first took off, she loved it too...although she didn't appreciate the lady taking her ticket from her. It was HER ticket and she wanted it back! Can you tell it was nap time? Threw a fit over a little red piece of paper!

I guess that is enough of my rambling for the night. I am tired and really have no clue what I just wrote, but it will have to do, because I don't feel like doing any editing tonight and there are a couple of other things I wanted to blog about. They may have to wait until tomorrow. Here are a few pics from our day.

Claire on the bridge at the playground. I love this pic! She was so proud of herself.

A cute little pic of Bitty!

Of course she had to do her cheese face!
Parker hanging out in one of the houses...he looks so big!
Peyton trying to figure out how to get in the car.
The train conductor.

Claire Bear looks so grown sitting in the train.
Making another silly face!
How cute are they?!?!
Here they come!
Granna and Peyton! Do you see the ticket in her hand? The lady gave it back to her and she held onto it until we left the mall.

Oh, and I almost forgot...Andrea started a blog tonight. Go see her and say hello! Her blog address is texascrabs.blogspot.com, or you can click her name over on the left.


The Seymore's said...

Aww, Peyton is darling regardless of weight or height! I love that the conductor gave her back the red ticket!!

The Forrest Family said...

Parker and Peyton are too cute! Peyton's hair is so dark! Chris's niece makes the same 'cheese' face. So funny!!