Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Only my Dad

Yesterday afternoon I get a call from my mom telling me that my dad was hit by a car. I immediately ask if he was ok, and she said he was sore, but doing ok. I'm about to ask her how bad the car was damaged and she says, "He was trying to WALK away as fast as he could, but the faster he went, the faster the car went". Whoa! Wait a minute. Did she say walking?!?! Yes, she did! He wasn't in an automobile accident, my DAD was actually hit by a car!

After my initial freak out reaction to that I got the whole story. He was walking to his car in the parking lot and a car was hot on his trail. My dad kept speeding up his pace, but the car did too. The guy was on his cell phone and looking for a parking spot; paying NO attention to the people around him. Luckily my dad was able to turn around when the car hit him, so it hit the front of his body. He told us that if the car would have hit him from behind, or if he hadn't of folded his body over the car, it probably would have broken his legs.

Other than being pretty sore and having some bruises, he said he was ok. He refused to go to the hospital, so I HOPE AND PRAY everything is ok. He was going to work today, but I am going to call him this afternoon and check on him. Sometimes he is such a stubborn old fart! Who wouldn't go to the hospital to get checked out if they had just gotten hit by a car?!?! The answer to that question, would be MY dad!

I'll give y'all an update tomorrow on how he is feeling. I'm sure everything is fine, but I still wish he wasn't so darn stubborn!

Love you all
Heather

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! That is crazy! Did he get any info from the man that hit him?

Emily said...

That is crazy!! Hope he is feeling better...if you read my blog around the end of March something eerily similar happened to me!!

Jenny Seymore said...

Nuts! Have you heard anything else? How is he feeling?

Melody said...

Oh no! I hope your dad is ok! What did the driver do?