Friday, August 29, 2008

Meet the Teacher

Last night was Parker's meet-the-teacher at his new school! He LOVED it! He didn't want to leave when it was time; I am hoping it remains that way! His teachers seemed very nice and I've already signed up to help throw the Fall party. My mom was always PTA room mother and I have a feeling I'll follow in her footsteps. I love to do fun things like that!

His room theme was Noah's Ark, so there were animals everywhere. Parker is going to love that! He got to see where his seat and cubby hole are, and where he will hang his backpack everyday. The only thing he wasn't totally cooperative about was having his picture taken by the strange ladies. She gave the camera to me and we were able to get a picture. I think they are going to be on the wall the first day of school.

One of my biggest concerns was whether or not they were going to have a carpool line; and they will after the 2nd week of school! The reason for my concern is Bitty! When we go inside to drop off her idol, she is not going to want to leave him. She wants to do EVERYTHING he does! I just know those first couple of weeks, when we have to go inside with him, that she is going to throw a fit because she doesn't get to stay.

Over all I am feeling really good about all of this. I think it is going to be a great learning experience for Parker; both socially and mentally. I didn't think I would be sad about it, but after last night, and after thinking about it a lot today...I think the first day might hit me a little harder than I thought it would. My Peanut is growing up!!!


No comments: