Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fun Weekend at the Lake

We had a very good time at the lake this weekend! There was lots of time spent in the sun; thank goodness for sunscreen and water!!

I bought the kids some fishing poles to take with us and they loved casting and reeling, over & over! I got the kind that don't actually have hooks. Peyton's had a purple, plastic butterfly attached at the end; Parker's had a red, plastic fish attached to his.

I also found them some life jackets at the re-sale shop on Friday. You know, just in case! I am so paranoid about the water. I got Peyton's for $9.99, which was $29.97 at Wal-Mart; got Parker's for $5.99, which was $22.97 at Wal-Mart. I love re-sale shops! I couldn't believe how much I had saved when I checked the prices.

Aunt May's birthday was Saturday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY MAY!!), and of course, today was Father's Day (HAPPY FATHER'S DAY ADAM & DAD!!), so we all had a great time together celebrating.

We also ate a LOT of delicious food! Last night for dinner, we had steaks, corn on the cob, homemade french fries, cantaloupe, watermelon, and home-grown tomatoes...YUMMY!! This morning for breakfast, we made breakfast tacos full of sausage and bacon, and fried potatoes with a little onion...DELICIOUS!!

The only down fall to the whole trip, well other than my brother's anniversary being the same day as Father's Day, was the fold out bed...again!! Since we stayed there the first time, the trailer has been leveled, so we thought that would fix the problem with the leaning bed. Once we pulled it out last night, I laid down on it to test it, and it seemed fine. Well, it wasn't!

Adam, Peyton, & I were the 3 that were sleeping on the bed. Peyton was on the inside, then Adam, and then me. Well, needless to say, I didn't get hardly any sleep. I kept feeling like I was going to roll off the edge, so I would wake up in a panic, and then it would take me for ever to fall back asleep, before it happened all over again.

Before we go down there next time, I am going to get some bed risers to put under the two legs. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I would definitely prefer feeling like I was rolling in a little bit, rather than feel like I'm falling onto the floor!

This will be my last post for several days, because we are heading to Houston for most of the week. We are heading to Hachie tomorrow evening to stay the night, and will head South early Tuesday morning. We'll either come home Thursday night or Friday morning, so I probably won't be posting again until Saturday. Just when I decided that I am going to make a conscious effort to blog everyday, we are leaving. Sorry!

Hopefully I will get lots of pictures while I'm there and will have lots to blog about. I'm going to try to get a more recent 5 generation picture while we're there, so I'll definitely be posting that for y'all to see! I hope you all had an awesome weekend. Love you all!

Here's Adam helping Peyton "fish" Parker does an awesome job all by himself!!
Here's Dad in his typical lake attire!
Peyton got to drive from the dock to the pool!
If you recall, the last time we went to the pool, Parker didn't want to be by himself at all in the water. This time though, I brought different flotation devices, and Parker was a swimming fool! I guess by having two different types of floaties on, he felt a lot more comfortable. I bought the same exact things for Peyton, but she still wouldn't have anything to do with the water.
Parker had SO much fun "swimming" around the pool! He even decided he was brave enough to jump in from the side. At first, he would only do it if Adam was right there to catch him. Eventually though, he was jumping in all by himself. I was very proud of him!! It was awesome to see him & Adam having so much fun together. Maybe by the end of the summer, Peyton will be brave enough to swim too!
Here's Parker jumping in!
Adam and Peanut...of course, he has his tongue out...doesn't he always when there's water involved?!?!
See how much braver he was getting with his jumps? Look how high he jumped for this one! That smile on his face just melts my heart!


Today, before we left, Adam got out the kite for the kids. They are so amazed by kites! Since most of the lots by my parent's lot still haven't been bought, there is an open field next to them. It was the perfect place to fly a kite.
Parker got a turn to do the flying!
Peyton got a turn too!

I took a video of them flying the kite, but it was so grainy that I'm not even going to post it. I was sitting pretty far away, so I had the camera on zoom, and I guess the camera didn't like that very much. I was sad though, because about half-way through flying the kite, Parker decided he was going to chase the kite's shadow. It was hilarious!! He was running in circles trying to catch the shadow, and then he would just fall to the ground. It's something you definitely had to see to appreciate!

No comments: