Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where does he come up with this stuff?!?!

We had some pretty bad weather come through tonight. The sirens started going off while the kids were in the bath. I wish y'all could have seen Adam & I scrambling to get the kids out of the tub and into their jammies. It was pretty funny!

I had Parker go with me, half naked, into the hallway where I finished getting him ready for bed. Bitty soon followed, and the 3 of us hung out in the hallway and the bathroom for the next 20 minutes or so.

Pretty much as soon as we settled in the bathroom, the electricity went out. Luckily, Adam was already prepared with flashlights. We lit a candle in the bathroom and gave each of the kids a flashlight for entertainment, so the 20 minutes went by pretty quickly.

Parker kept asking what the "ooooohhhhh" sound was and Bitty told me a couple of times that she was scared, but they did great hanging out in the dark bathroom. I was pretty surprised!

Once the sirens stopped going off and the storm had died down a bit, we all headed to the living room to hang out until it was time for the kids to get in bed. Adam started playing the "guessing game" with Parker, where you give a few clues about an object, and the other person has to guess what it is.

I didn't hear the first clues that Adam gave Parker, but I did get to hear the clues that Parker told his daddy. Here's how the conversation went:

Parker: "1 leg, 2 black eyes, 1 hand. Dad, do you know what I am?"
Adam: "I have NO clue!"
Parker: "I'm a dinosaur!"
Adam: "But Parker, dinosaurs either have 2 or 4 legs."
Parker: "OK. I have 4 legs, 2 hands, and a dinosaur thingy. What am I?"
Adam: "A dinosaur?"
Parker: (really excited!!) "YEAH!!"

Now, it was Adam's turn to give the clues.

Adam: "I have 4 legs, made of wood, and people sit on me. Do you know what I am?"
Parker: "Yeah! Elephant!"
Adam: "Good guess Parker, but are elephants made out of wood?"

This went on for at least 15-20 minutes and I was cracking up almost the entire time! I swear that boy says the funniest things sometimes!!

Oh, and we were without electricity for 3 hours! Thank goodness it finally came back on. It was getting so hot in the house that I was getting ready to load the kids up and take them to my parents. When I went in to check on them after they had been down about an hour, they were already sopping wet. It was miserably humid!

I hope everyone else in the area survived the storms without too much damage!

No comments: