Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Trailer

Last Thursday, the kids and I went to Richland Chambers Lake, where my parents just recently bought a lot. They got the trailer in last week, so we all went down there to stay the night and check it all out.

The trailer is awesome! It's a lot roomier than I expected it to be and it looks/feels like a home on the inside. I couldn't get over all the storage space either. I think the trailer has more storage than my house does!

Parker & Peyton loved it too! Anytime we go to a new place it's like a vacation to them. They love to be able to explore new territory and see what it has to offer. I think they opened every single drawer in the trailer and asked a million questions. I love to see them get so excited over the smallest things!

The sleeping arrangements were quite comical. All 3 of us slept in a full-size bed, which would normally be ideal. Well, they wanted me to be in the middle of them, and the bed has a slight downward slope on one side. In the middle of the night, I was startled awake by Parker falling off the bed!

Believe it or not though, he never even woke up! I moved him to the middle, took his side, and knew immediately why he had fallen off. I had to cuddle up extremely close to Parker because I thought I was going to fall off too. I think we need to make a few adjustments to the pull-out bed, but other than that, everything was absolutely perfect!

There is still a lot that has to be done outside of the trailer, but the inside is great! Within a few months, Dad plans on having the cover up over the trailer and patio, the deck completed, and the driveway expanded. He has several projects up his sleeve and I can't wait until it's all complete. My dad is a perfectionist, so I know it will all turn out amazing!

I am looking forward to spending weekends at the lake with my family! What's better than a day of fishing, hanging out by the pool/lake, going out on the boat, cooking out, watching the kids have a blast, and being with the people I love most in this world?!?! Not much!!

I took a bunch of pictures of the trailer to show y'all. They really don't do it justice, but here they are.

The master bedroom
The closet, drawers, and TV in the bedroom
The window in the bedroom
The bathroom
Another view of the bathroom
The couch/pull-out bed
The dining room table
The kitchen
Another view of the kitchen - the pantry and refrigerator
The living room
Dad already bought a flat screen TV and DVD player
The outside of the trailer

No comments: