Sunday, May 24, 2009

Big Girl Bed - UPDATED!

UPDATE: It is now 8:00 the next morning and Peyton did great in her bed! We didn't hear a peep out of her until 7:35, when she started talking. Adam and I went in there together to ask her how her first night went, and she was ALL smiles! She didn't even want to get out of bed! I don't want to jinx myself by saying this, but it looks like the "big girl bed" is going to be a success.

My baby girl is officially in a Big Girl Bed now! I can't believe it! We pretty much finished her room today, but I still need to find some more things for the walls.

We had been talking it up to her all day about sleeping in a bed like Parker's and she was super excited! When we put her to bed this evening, there was NO fuss, and she layed right down and snuggled underneath the covers. I just hope it continues to be this easy!

She has been in bed now for about 30 minutes and other than her usual talking, we haven't heard a peep out of her. I'm just wondering what time she'll be waking us up in the middle of the night?!?!

I took some pictures of the room after I finished up tonight, but the color isn't very accurate, because I had to have the overhead light on and the pictures are WAY too bright. I will take some more once I have some natural light, but I was too excited to not post these tonight!

Her bed The painting that Nona did to match her bedding
The wall to the left of the doorway
Standing in the doorway, facing somewhat to the right
Standing in the doorway...her bed is coming out of the corner
This is the most accurate as far as color goes
So happy to be in her bed!
Lookin' at her Daddy!
Precious Bitty Princess! She's growing up WAY too fast!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The room looks awesome! I will be thinking about you guys tonight! Let me know how it goes tomorrow morning!

Andrea said...

I love it, love it, love it! Everything looks perfect! She looks so excited - I'm sure she'll do great!

Jenny Seymore said...

Yea Peyton! What a big girl! Who would want to leave such a pretty room anyway??