Sunday, May 10, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Living Room Edition

It's time again for Show Us Where You Live Friday!! This week is showcasing Living Rooms & Family Rooms. I am late on posting this by a couple of days, but late is better than never, right? Last week showcased kitchens. You can go HERE to see Kelly's kitchen and links to all the other kitchens, or go HERE to see my kitchen.

Right now, until the kids get older and want to play more in their own rooms, the living room doubles as the play room, so there are toys EVERYWHERE!! We have tried to keep them in the kid's rooms, but they always end up right back in the living room. So, I have tried to contain most of them in buckets, baskets, and in the TV cabinet.

Our tables and end-tables are cheapies right now from Ikea. We used to have wooden tables with big iron feet on them and got rid of them when Parker started being mobile. They were WAY too dangerous! The Ikea tables are great for right now though, because when the kids are coloring on them or whatever other activity we are partaking in, they just wipe right off.

Our couches are 8 years old and need to be replaced VERY badly! Our love-seat is actually "Lucky's couch", which she claimed to herself when she was just a puppy. We desperately want to get new furniture, but don't want to get it while Lucky is still alive. I know that sounds awful, but we know that she only has a few more years, and there is no way we could teach her to not get on the new sofas.

Oh, and the pillows in the glider serve as the seat cushion. When Peyton was around a year old, she got a severe case of the stomach flu. My mom was rocking her in the glider and she proceeded to get sick on the cushion. I tried everything I could to get the stains out, but nothing worked. It looked disgusting, so we threw it out. Eventually, when we get the new furniture, the glider will be replaced with a chair and ottoman.


This is the view of the living room from the kitchen. The doorway to the right leads to the kids' rooms and the guest bathroom. To the right of the doorway, is the entryway. This is our massive television and some of my pictures. Can you tell I'm a picture freak?!?! Please ignore all the finger prints on the TV! This also shows Parker and Peyton's anywhere chairs and their personalized buckets from Annie.
This is the view from the entryway. We have been in the house for 6 years, and I have yet to put up curtains. Once Parker arrived, the thought of putting something else up in the house that he could pull down on top of him, deterred me from ever putting any up. I guess now that Peyton is 2, I should pick some out! The table to the right used to be the coffee table, but I moved it over there, so the kids could have more room. It now serves as the coloring/puzzle table. Also, please excuse the awful baskets underneath it! I bought them at Target for storage bins, but they definitely need to be replaced with something plastic. The weaving definitely wasn't a match for 2 toddlers!
This is the view from the left of the TV, which leads to our bedroom. The doorway on the left hand side used to be the open dining room, but before Parker was born, Adam put up walls and turned it into an office. It has french doors, so it can be closed off if need be.
This is one of my most favorite things in my living room! It is a trio of pictures that were taken when Parker was only a few weeks old. We had them taken of Peyton too, but haven't been able to afford to get them framed.
Here's my other 2 favorite things in my living room! The top picture is Parker and the bottom is Peyton. Sorry about the glare, but I couldn't get a good picture of them.

I hope you all enjoyed the tour of my little living room! Don't forget to go to Kelly's blog and check out all the other living rooms!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of Kid Desk .