Sunday, May 31, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Kid's Room Edition


Yes, I know I am a couple of days late. Aren't I always? I wasn't able to do Kelly's home tour the last two weeks, because they were for guest rooms and dining rooms, which I have neither of. This week though, is kid's rooms, and I have two of those!!

I just recently posted pictures of Peyton's new room, because we finally moved her to a big girl bed, but I didn't like the coloring of the pictures, so I took some different ones today.

The pictures of Parker's room are probably going to be the last ones taken of his room in the current state, because we are getting ready to re-do it very soon!

Parker was moved to a big boy bed very early, at 20 months, in preparation for the arrival of his little sister. Since he was still so little, we left everything from his nursery, and did nothing but convert the crib into a full-size bed.

I think his room is a little juvenile for being 4 years old now, so we are going to make it a little more grown-up for him. We will keep the bedding, but probably remove his letters, paint over the mural, remove the shelves, and my MIL is going to do some paintings.

With all that said, here are pictures of their rooms!

This is the top of the chest-of-drawers, which is on the wall to the left of the doorway. The plate and cup are one of his keepsakes from his Aunt May. She got both of the kids a plate, cup, and silver spoon from Tiffany's for their 1st and 2nd birthdays.
This is a close-up of the picture above the chest-of-drawers. It's one of my most favorite pictures! It was taken of Parker when he was only 5 weeks.
These are the shelves and knick knacks that cover one wall in his room.
Here's the letters that hang above his bed, which were also above his crib.
This shows the mural and the corner of his room.
This is on the wall to the left of his bed. Alli had it in Trey's room and was going to trash it, so I took it! It goes perfectly in his room and is the perfect place to hang his backpack and cape!
This is a better picture of his bedding. I love it! Both of the kid's crib bedding and full-size bedding all came from Pottery Barn Kids. I love almost all of their stuff!
Here's a close-up of one of the frames on his shelf. They're all pictures from his first 6 months. So precious!!
This is his corner shelf that is full of Pluffies. We have a lot more, but some of them have been taken over by Peyton. Granna and I started collecting them for Parker when I was pregnant. They are the softest, sweetest stuffed animals!
This is his mural, which was painted by my MIL. She is amazing!
Here's a close-up of the right side. Turtles are my favorite, so she incorporated them in just for me!
Here's a close-up of the left side. She has the names of all of our family all throughout the mural. I am going to be very sad when we paint over this!
Here's a close-up of the top
Now, onto Peyton's room!
Here's her bed
A painting that my MIL did to match her bedding
A different view of her bedding
This is to the right of the doorway. A lot of this was also in her nursery.
My MIL bought the dress before Peyton was even born, and since it's so beautiful, it has been a part of the decor in her room. It won't be too long though before it will be able to be used for dress-up!
The other corner of her room, to the right of the closet. The thing on the wall is magnetic, so once she starts school, I will be able to hang up some of her artwork.
This is a close-up of one of the pictures in her room. It is Parker holding Peyton when we brought her home from the hospital and introduced them for the first time. We were all bawling!
Another close-up of a picture of Peyton when she was only 2 days old. This is probably my most favorite of her as a newborn!
This is her bow holder that hangs on the outside of her closet. The sad part is that this isn't even half of her bows! The ones that she wears all the time are in a seperate location.
This is just to show you the mural that was in her nursery. It matched the sheets that went with her crib bedding. I was very sad to have to paint over it, but it didn't match the new bedding.
I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my "P"s rooms! Please go to Kelly's blog and check out all the other rooms!

1 comment:

laurensmommy said...

i love both of your children's rooms and the murals are amazing! Where did you find the ballet bow holder in your daughter's room? it's so cute!!